Welcome to the Adventure Capital of Africa!
The iconic Victoria Falls presents a spectacular sight of awe-inspiring beauty and grandeur on the Zambezi River, evoking all the romance and wonder of the explorer’s era. This has been Africa’s premier destination for world travellers for more than a century and is now the top destination choice for the ultimate adventure holiday.
With accommodation options alongside the Zambezi River complete with a host of bucket-list adventures and experiences all within a close parameter, the historical town of Livingstone has fast become Africa’s top destination for adventure travel.
SAFPAR started as a rating company in 1988! With over 30 years of experience in and around the Zambezi we are equipped to take you on an adventure of a lifetime. The passion, experience and culture of our team is second to none! Here are a few reasons to book with us! We promise to make every experience unforgettable.
SAFPAR is currently the only company on the Zambezi with a 100% guide certification under the International Rafting Federation. Our guide team also holds American Heart Association Basic Life Support qualifications and we have an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) on every trip. All guides are fully trained professionals and hold valid advanced first aid certificates.
- We do not operate elsewhere! SAFPAR has been operating on the Zambezi since 1988.
- SAFPAR are rated #1 Rafting Operator by clients on TripAdvisor
- We have a highly experienced, knowledgeable yet fun team.
- All our rafting guides are accredited to the International Rafting Federation.
- High quality, reliable equipment.
- Easy online reservation system.
- Full on-the-ground support from our team from pre-arrival to post-departure.
- We have an extensive logistical support system that includes helicopter support and satellite communication
- SAFPAR have a professional, independent cameramen accompanying each trip.
- FREE Full HD video / photographs of your excursion will be uploaded into the cloud and made available to all clients
- Clients have the option to take a helicopter flight out of the Batoka Gorge.
- The” been there, done that” SAFPAR rafting t-shirt is available for purchase in the shop after your trip.
- Discounted packages are available for other SAFPAR experiences – please enquire.
The exhilarating ‘Flight of the Angels’ by microlight is one of the many exceptional experiences one can expect to find that is totally unique to Livingstone. Those with a flair for the vintage may board and dine upon The Royal Livingstone Express – an exquisitely restored steam train offering a fine-dining experience with a memorable viewing stop on the glamourous Victoria Falls Bridge built in 1905.
Another venue that has pride of place in Zambia is Livingstone Museum which devotes an impressive gallery to the adventures and memorabilia of David Livingstone. The display includes original letters sandwiched between glass panels that visitors can decipher, his family tree, olive-green caped coat, black cap, carved umbrella, weaponry and more.
Time your visit to catch a Lunar Rainbow or ‘Moonbow’ – when the moon is full, the sky is clear and Victoria Falls are at their peak flow, huge rainbows appear through the mist at night. The light of the moon is refracted through the spray that rises up from the base of the Victoria Falls. This unique event is visible the day before, the day of and the day after the full moon.
The Elephant Café encompasses three wonderful experiences and is guaranteed to be a signature highlight of your Livingstone adventure! The experience begins with a jetboat adventure through Zambezi islands to an enchanting riverside location where you will be met on arrival by members of a magnificent herd of rescue elephant for a once-in-a-lifetime meeting. Experience an unforgettable close and educative encounter with these gentle giants before being welcomed to the restaurant for a unique dining experience with wild edibles on the menu.
Safari Par Excellence are the pioneers of adventure activities in Livingstone, offering once in a lifetime experiences to our clients. Famed as the Best One-Day White Water Rafting in the World, SAFPAR delivers a fun, safe but challenging day on the mighty Zambezi with an experienced team who are all accredited by the International Rafting Federation. SAFPAR also offers unique multi-day rafting expeditions where swimming under the Falls, camping under a starlit sky, and accessing rarely visited regions of the Batoka Gorge are highlights of this bucket-list adventure. Other activity highlights include the famous Zambezi Sunset Cruise, a Mukuni Village Tour, a safari drive in our local Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, home to the country’s white rhino population and a day trip to Chobe National Park in Botswana.